PCB routing all done and prototype PCBs have been ordered.
We’re having parts fitted by the PCB supplier, though there will be a few we have to do by hand (for example, the through hole parts).
Couple of changes to the PCB;
1) It’s smaller so as to ensure it fits in both the Box11 and portable cabinet styles.
2) A rotary selector switch for the mode select (was previously a pot)
3) An extra switch to enable “bank play” mode (just below and to the right of the tempo knob
4) Moved the jack sockets up a little so there is the correct amount of space for the MIDI sockets.
5) An extra chip to allow updating via USB.
6) Offset and scale presets for both analogue CV outputs, so you can be sure you’ll get 1V/Oct regardless of any power supply problems.
The code base will be the same as before, so there should be minimal work to bring this board up.
The next steps will be assembling testing the first PCB when it arrives (early February) and then designing the new front panel (a few things have moved, so the holes will need to move accordingly) and then shipping to beta testers.
We’ll post a video once we have the prototype up and running.