Another quick update for MuSeq, This time I’ve added the ability to set the “clock out” rate, so you can go from 1 clock per 4 beats all the way to 32 clocks per 4 beats. A short video is below
There are a few things left to do, so here’s a list;
Clock in from front panel (feed it say 8 clocks and get 24 PPQN resolution)
Self updating, i.e. you can update from SDCard
Sync 24 Out
Some internal tidying up of sequence loading/saving, particularly when in Bank play mode.
Redesign of PCB and Front Panel
The big hurdle is going to be the self updating, it always is. As it essentially requires you to boot into a bit of code to check for updates, then clear itself and load the main code, add in the ability to make it so you can’t brick it and things become quite difficult quite quickly.
The remainder should be straight forward, then it’s a case of getting prices and looking for a couple of beta testers before it can be shipped.
We’ve finally found a suitable place to relocate to and we will be moving the end of August, this means we will temporarily not be be able to complete and ship further orders until around the middle of September.
This has taken a huge pressure off me personally, as have a couple of major life changes in recent weeks. My mood has lifted significantly in recent weeks as a result.
In short, I’m going to drop my current project list down to just three things and try and focus my efforts on those, they are;
MuSeq – My MU sequencer, there are a number of hardware changes that are needed, so I will be looking at these first. I did post a recent video with an update on some extra functionality that has gone in on my YouTube channel.
Delta – The basics are there, the analogue VCFs and VCAs work and the oscillators are all working. I’m considering a slight change to the VCF to give it a fourth filter mode and there is likely to a processor change (which is why it’s on headers) . I am pleased with how small it is, 110mm by 110mm for four voices.
PJ5CPU project, this is a bit of fun for me, basically it’s a RISC microprocessor made from TTL logic with a single instruction per clock cycle. I’m hoping to achieve 1Mhz/1MIPS from it, but it’s really just for fun and is not aimed at becoming a commercial product.
There are other things I would like to do, for example more modules for Tangible Waves, but for the moment I need to try and keep my focus.
Whilst Dove-Audio remains a hobby/cottage industry things aren’t likely to happen quickly, but I will post updates when I can.
Just wanted to give a quick update about things going on here at Dove Audio.
Things on Delta have halted for a short while whilst I finish a couple of projects, the NJM2069 Module was one of those and the MuSeq is the next.
MuSeq is significantly behind, basically Dove Audio is just myself, Paula, with the odd bit of help from my partner Jon. I hit a major bug with the MIDI handling in that the library I was using (which seemed to do everything) wasn’t interrupt driven and you had to poll it. Which meant that when syncing to MIDI clock it would sometimes miss clock when switching pages.
Reworking, or refactoring, this took a while. But it’s working. This blow kind of took the wind out of my sales, hence finishing the NJM2069 module first. Now the NJM2069 is out, I am working on the MuSeq again.
I wanted to write a quick update, so you don’t hink I’ve fallen off the face of the planet 🙂
Firstly I had some major surgery in November (nothing life threatening) and I’m now finally back on the mend and pretty much back to my normal self and speed.
Secondly during my recovery time I’ve spent a lot of time looking at my projects. One of these is a design for Tangible Waves which you can expect to see in the near future (I have one of their systems and it is simply awesome and so portable it’s nuts!), I will share links and videos once it’s complete and announced by them.
The other one I’ve spent a great deal of time with is the MuSeq Sequencer, A large portion of this was refactoring the code to make things work quicker and more reliably. the bank play mode is now in and there’s a short video on my instagram feed here –
The refactoring has taken a lot longer than I had expected, but is done now. This leaves me the following things on my “to do” list; 1. Move CVB to second function 2. Save Bank play 3. Resolve a small issue with editing a pattern then switching to bank play (it looses the edits) 4. Add MIDI Clock in/out 5. Add Sync 24 In/Out 6. Add USB MIDI In/Out 7. Add some menus 8. Redesign PCB and panel (with the correct sized holes).
In all honesty, there’s about 3 or 4 months of work in there (remember I have a day job, so this is done in my spare time).
Once MuSeq is completed, I will resume work on the MuTable, I’ve had some ideas on that and I plan to add user up-loadable wave-tables and a few other features.
I’m also finishing off assembling the batch of Waveplane modules (eurorack and MU) inbetween writing code (when my eyes go cross potty from staring at code). You can find these modules in my store and also in my dealers.
Thanks for reading. Paula
P.s. If anyone is up for helping me with some webdesign of my page, I’m happy to talk trade for a module in return.