Just wanted to give a quick update about things going on here at Dove Audio.
Things on Delta have halted for a short while whilst I finish a couple of projects, the NJM2069 Module was one of those and the MuSeq is the next.
MuSeq is significantly behind, basically Dove Audio is just myself, Paula, with the odd bit of help from my partner Jon. I hit a major bug with the MIDI handling in that the library I was using (which seemed to do everything) wasn’t interrupt driven and you had to poll it. Which meant that when syncing to MIDI clock it would sometimes miss clock when switching pages.
Reworking, or refactoring, this took a while. But it’s working. This blow kind of took the wind out of my sales, hence finishing the NJM2069 module first. Now the NJM2069 is out, I am working on the MuSeq again.
I wanted to write a quick update, so you don’t hink I’ve fallen off the face of the planet 🙂
Firstly I had some major surgery in November (nothing life threatening) and I’m now finally back on the mend and pretty much back to my normal self and speed.
Secondly during my recovery time I’ve spent a lot of time looking at my projects. One of these is a design for Tangible Waves which you can expect to see in the near future (I have one of their systems and it is simply awesome and so portable it’s nuts!), I will share links and videos once it’s complete and announced by them.
The other one I’ve spent a great deal of time with is the MuSeq Sequencer, A large portion of this was refactoring the code to make things work quicker and more reliably. the bank play mode is now in and there’s a short video on my instagram feed here –
The refactoring has taken a lot longer than I had expected, but is done now. This leaves me the following things on my “to do” list; 1. Move CVB to second function 2. Save Bank play 3. Resolve a small issue with editing a pattern then switching to bank play (it looses the edits) 4. Add MIDI Clock in/out 5. Add Sync 24 In/Out 6. Add USB MIDI In/Out 7. Add some menus 8. Redesign PCB and panel (with the correct sized holes).
In all honesty, there’s about 3 or 4 months of work in there (remember I have a day job, so this is done in my spare time).
Once MuSeq is completed, I will resume work on the MuTable, I’ve had some ideas on that and I plan to add user up-loadable wave-tables and a few other features.
I’m also finishing off assembling the batch of Waveplane modules (eurorack and MU) inbetween writing code (when my eyes go cross potty from staring at code). You can find these modules in my store and also in my dealers.
Thanks for reading. Paula
P.s. If anyone is up for helping me with some webdesign of my page, I’m happy to talk trade for a module in return.